On behalf of The Tanzania Airport Authority (TAA). Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) invites high calibre, results-oriented, self-driven professionals with integrity, dynamic and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill vacant posts as mentioned below.
Tanzania Airport Authority (TAA) is a Government Executive Agency established to operate, manage, maintain and develop Government-owned airports with a commercially oriented Management style.
7.1 ASSISTANT AIRCRAFT MARSHALLER – 1 POST (RE-ADVERTISED)
7.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist Aircraft Marshaller in marshalling of aircraft activities;
- To collect and record daily statistics on incoming and outgoing flights and passenger
Movements; iii. To assist in disseminating aircraft movement information to the public address center and other users;
- To conduct apron inspection and ensure there is no fog, spillage and any obstacles that can endanger aircraft movement and remove any obstacles which will hinder the aircraft’s maneuvering on the apron;
- To inspect aerobridges, automatic optical guidance system, flood lights and unusual pavement condition and report any damage, spillage or un-serviceability;
- To observe and ensure all apron movements (vehicles, equipment’s, staff and passengers) comply with developed safety operating procedures;
- To report the occurrence of accident or incidents on airside and apron immediately; viii. To direct the pilots on where to park aircraft on the apron and ensure proper parking of aircrafts in their respective parking bays based on their type and size;
- To assist Marshaller to undertake inspection of AVOP licenses of all drivers and operators on the airside;
- To be in constant contact with Air Traffic Control, ground operations and communicate and disseminate the same to airport users e.g. airline operators, information personnel and management; and To perform other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
7.3 QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Certificate in Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources, Statistics or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution and should have computer knowledge.
Applicant with knowledge of foreign Languages will be an added advantage
7.4 SALARY SCALE: TAAS 2
Please visit Public Service Recruitment Service (PSRS) to apply today!
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years except for those who are in Public Service;
- People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and should indicate clearly in the portal for Public Service Recruitment Secretariat attention;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- All Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates.
▪ Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
▪ Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
▪ Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable).
- Birth certificate.
Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted: –
- Form IV and form VI results slips.
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal.
- An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer.
- Any applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, and Public Service Recruitment Secretariat.
P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma – Dr. Asha Rose Migiro Buildings – Dodoma.
- Deadline for application is 9th September, 2023;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/http://portal.ajira.go.tz/and not otherwise http://portal.ajira.go.tz/(This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)