On behalf of National Museum of Tanzania (NMT). Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) invites high caliber, results oriented, self-driven professionals with integrity, dynamic and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill Vacant posts as mentioned below.
The National Museum of Tanzania (NMT) is a body corporate established by the National Museum
of Tanzania Act, No. 7 of 1980 (Cap. 281). It is an educational and cultural institution for the
collection, preservation and research of scientific and cultural objects relating to Tanzania’s cultural
and natural heritage. NMT is a Government institution under the Ministry of Natural Resources and
Tourism (MNRT). The Management of the NMT is vested to the Board of NMT. The Director General is the Secretary to the Board and the overseer of day to day operations of the NMT.
1.1 HALL ATTENDANT II – (1 POST)
1.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
i. To maintain cleanness of office buildings and interaction rooms;
ii. To control and oversee movement in interaction rooms;
iii. To provide customer services;
iv. To manage visitor’s book/register;
v. To attend and guide visitors; and
vi. To perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
1.3 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Secondary Education Certificate (CSEE) with at least passes in Kiswahili and English
plus Certificate in one of the following fields: Hospitality, Front Office, Reception, Customer
Service, Heritage Management and Tour Guiding from a recognized institution.
1.4 SALARY SCALE: PGSS 2
Please visit Public Service Recruitment Service (PSRS) to apply today!
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years except for those who are in Public Service;
- People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and should indicate clearly in the portal for Public Service Recruitment Secretariat attention;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- All Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates.
▪ Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
▪ Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
▪ Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable).
- Birth certificate.
Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted: –
- Form IV and form VI results slips.
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal.
- An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer.
- Any applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, and Public Service Recruitment Secretariat.
P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma – Dr. Asha Rose Migiro Buildings – Dodoma.
- Deadline for application is 9th September, 2023;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/http://portal.ajira.go.tz/and not otherwise http://portal.ajira.go.tz/(This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)