Reports to: Program Manager Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Start Date: April2022
Who we are
D-tree International is a global digital health organization dedicated to ensuring that everyone has access to high quality primary healthcare in underserved areas. We do this by working with governments to design, build and deploy digital tools for frontline health workers that improve their ability to deliver high-quality, evidence-based care. D-tree engages with governments to develop a shared vision for the potential of digital health, demonstrates
the effectiveness of digital systems to improve health outcomes, and accompanies governments to scale these digital systems nationally and institutionalize them within their broader health systems.
D-tree is among the most experienced digital health partners in Tanzania, having worked with the government and multiple NGO partners since 2008 on a wide range of digital health programs focused on improving the quality of healthcare delivery.We are currently collaborating with the Tanzanian government on a digitally-enabled primary health care program in Kibaha, which has gained significant interest and is poised to strengthen a number of government digital health systems in Tanzania. We are also engaged in an Early Childhood Development (ECD)
research collaboration in which we are designing digital tools to facilitate an integrated community-based ECD parenting program. Recently, we began engaging as the digital health partner in a large-scale community health HIV/TBprogram. As our portfolio in the digital community health space continues to grow, we have an opportunity to expand our engagement with the national government to serve as a key digital health partner for strengthening primary health care services. This is an exciting opportunity to help deepen and expand our work and impact.
Who you are
We are seeking a full time FieldCoordinator, based in one of the regions inTanzania(Arusha, Dodoma, Kilimanjaro, Manyara, or Singida) to support D-tree’s role in a USAID-funded community health HIV/TB program. The Field Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Program Manager so that digital health projects are delivered within scope, on schedule, and within budget. Together with the Program Manager, you will work with the program consortium and the D-tree team to strengthen Tanzania’s digital community health system and lead its roll-out across the region. Given the technical nature of our work, you will participate in the design process ofdigital systems – working closely with program partners and the Government of Tanzania to understand and document needs, collaborating with D-tree’s technology team to propose solutions, and contributing to software requirements specification.During roll out and program implementation, you will work closely with the Program Manager and the consortium to develop training and implementation plans, program monitoring tools, and troubleshooting plans to ensure smooth implementation. This is a dynamic and challenging role requiring individuals who are quick learners, are comfortable with technology, can work with different partners, and can effectively communicate technical topics to a non-technical audience.
Regional Coordination and Implementation
Lead D-tree’s efforts of a complex digital health program in one region of Tanzania in collaboration with the prime project partner and other stakeholders. Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinating and leading the preparation, logistics, and implementation of meetings and digital health trainings with program partners, government, and system users such as community health workers, facility health workers, and supervisors
- Build the capacity of partners and local CSOs to be able to train on, implement, and monitor digital systems • Leading follow-up and supervision activities by conducting regular site visits and/or phone calls to support health workers and monitor project progress
- Reviewing program dashboards, internally and with partners and district government teams, to understand trends in user activity, health impact, and system functioning; identify areas for improvement and propose strategies to improve system and program performance
- Trouble-shooting hardware and software issues with mobile devices among users and work with the Program Managerto clearly track and document progress
- Liaising with the technology team, partners, district government teams and others on the program team to ensure successful app updates, and identify and solve technical issues as they arise
- Contributing to monthly activity planning for the region and related budget forecasts
Cross-cutting Project Support
Support the Program Manager during program design, development, testing, and implementation activities. This includes contributing to the design and development of digital solutions; system testing; training preparation and execution; designing supervision processes and user payment or motivation schemes; monitoring and trouble-shooting post implementation, etc.
Communication and Representation
Represent D-tree to regional, district, and community stakeholders and clearly communicate program progress, technical issues, challenges, and any other relevant matters. Key responsibilities include: • Participate in meetings/calls with regional/district partners, government teams, and other stakeholders
- Write field reports from training and follow-up/supervision activities
- Develop and foster effective working relationships with the partners and government officials at the regional, district, and community levels
- Compile success stories and project achievements to be disseminated through different channels as will be discussed and agreed by program team
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we are looking for
We are looking for motivated, passionate individuals who are willing to wear multiple hats and do what it takes to make our projects succeed. The following attributes are a general overview, but we will consider individuals who do not meet all of the details below if you have the right skill set and attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. public health, global development) OR Advanced Diploma with at least 3 years’ experience in public health programs
- Experience in Public Health, Health Administration, Health Sciences, Community Development, Social Work, Digital Health, Working with Government of Tanzania a plus
- Strong coordination skills; good communication and inter-personal skills
- Good analytical skills; ability to think logically and rationally about problems and solution oriented
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with a team but should be self-motivated and be able to work independently
- Experience in adult capacity building/training a plus
- Proven computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Fluent in Swahili and good written and spoken English
- Tanzanian nationality required
26,000,000 to 40,000,000 TZS gross annual salary inclusive of all cash compensation
Note: Starting salaries typically fall in the lower half of the salary range; however, they are ultimately determined by the scope of the position, the candidate’s relevant experience, and internal equity.
To apply for this role please follow the instructions below. Applications which do not meet these requirements will not be considered. This position is open to Tanzanian nationals only.
To apply for this position, please fill in the form here: https://forms.gle/11S2wpuKTv2GQWxz8
You will need to include:
Cover letter that clearly and concisely explains how you meet the required skills and experience specified above
Your current Curriculum Vitae (CV) or resume, showing your work history and achievements.
Deadline for applications: Open until filled