Guide (Field Guide)
COMPANY NAME: ASILIA LODGES AND CAMPS LTD
DEPARTMENT: FIELD OPERATIONS
REPORTING TO: CAMP MANAGER
Asilia lodges and Camps Ltd is looking for a Tanzanian Guide who is competent in Guiding with a strong combination of Leadership, Decision-making, personalized hosting skills, Culture and a very good broad knowledge in all Asilia’ s areas of operations including properties and the National Park.
This Job Description is your guide to achieving these objectives by outlining your daily duties & responsibilities. WE BELIEVE IN BETTER!!
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF JOB:
As a Guide your role is to safely guide the guests on multiple game drive days through Northern Tanzania and sharing expert knowledge of fauna and flora during gaming and the different environments, they were seen in to ensure guests have a memorable stay.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Provide solid knowledge on all levels of wildlife, history, Tanzania culture, geology, birds, trees, Plants, and all is touched in the foundation course manual, in all areas of operation and able to share this effectively with guests.
- Clearly articulately and provide information to guest in an engaging manner.
- Works closely with Camp Manager and Head Guide on reporting any problems.
- Regular Vehicle check especially after conditions, making sure vehicles is in excellent working condition.
- Actively host guests in all situations and properties as their guide leader over several game drive.
- Taking full hosting responsibilities in gaming drive where possible, available to host dinner as well as pre dinner drinks, discussing the day’s success and planning for the next day activities.
- Carries out regular checks of vehicle first Aid kits and monitors and maintains this standard on each safari.
- Actively applies, when necessary, high level of First Aid skills and knowledge from the advanced training received.
- Actively communicates and promotes Asilia camps and company wildlife and community projects to guests with regular reports of results.
- Actively support and promotes Asilia and shares interesting safari happenings through social media networks.
- Awareness of Park Roads networks and alternative road networks.
- Go beyond call of duty by adhering guiding protocol, National Park rules and Asilia’s code of conduct when visiting Asilia lodges and camps
- Not Less than 3 years’ experience as a Field Guide or similar role in the hospitality industry
- Must be registered with the Board
- Must be fluent in English (other languages will be added an advantage)
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and Punctual
- Commitment to a high level of customer service
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with efficiency and discretion
- Age limit not more than 35yrs.
- Must possess Class C driving license
- Must be willing to be based in camps in remote locations
If you meet the requirements and interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your Update CV to email@example.com. Before 31st of March 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Hard copy or Hand delivery will not be considered