HESLB News On Loan Application 2023/2024 We would like to inform students who hope to apply for a higher education loan provided by the Government through the Higher Education Student Loans Board (HESLB) for the academic year 2023/2024 that the window for receiving applications through the Internet is NOT OPEN.
This information aims to provide clarification due to the false information that started circulating on social networks from yesterday, June 21, 2023 that loan applications for students who hope to join degrees, diplomas and diplomas have started to be received and the last date for submitting applications is August 31, 2023 .
Currently, as we explained in the Public Notice issued on June 2, 2023 which is also available at www.heslb.go.tz, HESLB is finalizing the ‘Guidelines for Issuing Loans for the Academic Year 2023/2024’ which will be available on the HESLB website from the week of the first of July, 2023. The guide will explain in detail the characteristics of obtaining a loan, the procedure for submitting loan applications through the Internet, ways to receive a refund including the personal account of the loan applicant known as ‘SIPA’ – Student’s Individual Permanent Account.
In addition, while loan applicants are waiting for the Guidelines, for now, they are advised to prepare by ensuring the following:
1. Have a bank account with the same name as that contained in his fourth form certificate;
2. Have a phone number registered in his name that he will use while in college;
3. To verify his birth certificate following the instructions of RITA (Tanzania Mainland) or ZCSRA (Zanzibar);
4. Prepare a copy of his guarantor’s ID; it can be one of NIDA, Voter’s Card, Driver’s License, Travel Pass, or Zanzibari Resident ID;
5. Preparing small color photos (pass-port size) of the loan applicant and his guarantor; and
6. Preparing his NIDA number. If the applicant does not currently have one, it will NOT prevent him from applying for a loan.
We advise student loan applicants to be calm and follow the official information from HESLB available through www.heslb.go.tz and on social networks Instagram, Twitter and Facebook through ‘HESLB Tanzania’.