On behalf of The Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS. Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) invites high calibre, results-oriented, self-driven professionals with integrity, dynamic and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill vacant posts as mentioned below.
The Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) was established by the Standards Act No. 3 of 1975 under the name National Standards Institute (NSI). It was changed to the present name of TBS by Act No. 1 of 1977. The Standards Act No. 3 of 1975 was later repealed and replaced by Act No. 2
of 2009. Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) as a high-technology organization has been entrusted with the specialized tasks of standardization, quality assurance and metrological services in the country. By the nature of its work TBS has to maintain close contacts with other national standards bodies in the world and international standardizing agencies like the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC), and African Regional Organization for Standardization (ARSO).
9.1 EDITOR II – (2 POSTS)
9.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To edit manuscripts;
- To edit website contents;
- To proof read manuscripts; and
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Section.
9.3 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, Mass Communication or its equivalent from a recognized institution. Computer skills in relevant publishing and designing programs are essential
9.4 SALARY SCALE: TBSS 7
Please visit Public Service Recruitment Service (PSRS) to apply today!
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years except for those who are in Public Service;
- People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and should indicate clearly in the portal for Public Service Recruitment Secretariat attention;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- All Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates.
▪ Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
▪ Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
▪ Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable).
- Birth certificate.
Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted: –
- Form IV and form VI results slips.
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal.
- An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer.
- Any applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, and Public Service Recruitment Secretariat.
P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma – Dr. Asha Rose Migiro Buildings – Dodoma.
- Deadline for application is 9th September, 2023;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/http://portal.ajira.go.tz/and not otherwise http://portal.ajira.go.tz/(This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)