Position: Premier Banking Intern
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
To support the Premier Relationship Manager’s sales and relationship building activities by completing the administrative requirements of the sales function.
To provide customer service to Premier customers.
- To support the Premier Relationship Manager’s sales and relationship building activities by completing the administrative requirements of the sales function.
- To provide customer service to Premier customers.
- Main accountabilities and approximate time split
- Provide customers and visitors with useful information on banks products and services
- Complete documentation for new account applications, mandate changes etc. on behalf of the Premier
- Relationship Manager and obtain his/her signoff before submitting to Operations for processing.
- Act as point of contact for Retail Credit for day-to-day credit queries as well as new proposal information. Complete new credit applications on behalf of customers.
- Assist RM to review customer requests for temporary overdrafts/excesses and present to the Relationship Manager for sign-off.
- Manage the diary of the Premier Relationship Manager and book meetings with customers when requested.
- Follow up on the opening of new accounts to ensure that the process takes place within the agreed timelines.
- Contact customers when their accounts have been opened and arrange for delivery of account items such as cheques books, cards etc.
Risk and Controls Objectives
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards
- Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture
- Understanding of own role in the end-to-end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Absa’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgement and responsible risk management.
- Report all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your business area and help to understand why these happened and how to prevent them in future.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the control environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you operate and how errors could be prevented.
- Continuous and proactive engagement with regulatory bodies, unions where applicable
- All mandatory training completed to deadline
Technical skills / Competencies
- Customer Service
- Product Launching
- Customer Care skills
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
A candidate should be a holder of bachelor’s degree in Banking, Finance, Business Administration, OR Diploma Holder with at least 1 year of Customer Service experience.
Absa’s Values and Behaviours represent the set of standards which governs the actions of all of us who work for the bank and against which the performance of every one of us in Absa are being assessed and rewarded:
- I drive high performance to achieve sustainable results
- I’m obsessed with customer
- I have an African heartbeat
- I believe our people are our strengths
- Agreed by Current Job Holder
- Agreed by Functional Head
- Co-signed by People Function
Higher Certificates and Advanced National (Vocational) Certificates: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)