Senior Specialist; Business Processes Reengineering
Dar es SalaamPosted 11 mins ago
CRDB Bank Plc
The Bank that Listens
Reporting Line- Head; Business Transformation
Department- Business Transformation
Strategically and continuously develop, measure, improve, monitor, and control business processes to eliminate complexities, inefficiencies, high-cycle times, and costs; and ensure the outcome of the process designs are in harmony with the organization’s strategic goals.
This role is accountable for the end-to-end development and documentation of complex concepts notes, processes, and procedures. It is also accountable for launching strategic programs and campaigns and implementing tools for building a high-performance culture via assigned processes such as performance management, people development, product development, and customer experience and relationship management. The core goal of this position is to promote efficiencies and revenue growth, helping drive the institution forward and remaining the leading financial provider in Tanzania.
Developing Reengineering Strategies, Concepts, Frameworks, Tools and Transformation Programs
- Formulate the Operations Development Strategy for the Bank to facilitate the identification of organizational/job redesign and business process reengineering opportunities to support the Bank’s strategic direction.
- Develop short-term and long-term plans, budgets and roadmaps for processes and operating model improvement with diverse teams.
- Develop, deploy and facilitate major transformational and reengineering programs from concept through closing to influence aspects of the business that relate to operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Stay abreast of leading practices for business process reengineering and documentation and develop methodologies for processes reengineering, change management and performance management.
- Analyze and present complex data and facts, prototype potential solutions, provide trade-off information, suggest a recommended course of action and complete additional briefing notes, decks, updates, etc. as required to obtain senior management’s approval to support potential initiatives.
Realigning Operating Models and Reengineering and Documenting Processes:
- Analyze operations, business processes, organizational structures, decision flows and service quality using business process reengineering and improvement (BPR/BPI) methods and modelling tools to continuously identify process improvement opportunities, enhance productivity, decrease costs, increase available capacity, improve accuracy and timeliness, redesign roles and functions.
- Support the development and proper documentation of business processes, rules, service level agreements, guidelines, policies, and procedures (including process flow charts) following best practices and ensure an appropriate governance framework.
- Maintain an inventory of the Bank’s business processes and coordinate updates to the list while working with departmental reams.
- Inculcate an open mindset and change behaviour through deploying business process management/reengineering, change management and design thinking practices throughout the organization.
- Assist in assessing the degree of risk impact, timeframe, and cost of reengineering required to achieve the desired future state.
Facilitating Inclusive Reengineering Workshops and Skill-building Training
- Design and conduct workshops to provide expert training to develop the technical competencies of colleagues on business process analysis, change management, value proposition development and other performance improvements; and to facilitate teams in accomplishing reengineering project activities and objectives.
- Partner with functional teams and senior leadership to support best practices for process improvement and drive behaviour change to adopt new/changed processes, structures and/or technologies and achieve the desired business results in crucial areas.
Management Consulting and Engaging Stakeholders
- Engage key stakeholders to translate unit strategies into operational frameworks and advise end-to-end process improvement.
- Provide guidance and advice to the management on the most effective and efficient use of resources to drive performance, service excellence and positive, measurable business results.
- Develop and draft change management and communication plans, messaging and supporting documentation to help drive transformation in the business.
- Interact, communicate, and proactively update all levels of management with existing process improvement initiatives, issues and plans for resolution in a timely manner.
Performance and Results Management
- Develop metrics to measure the success of process improvement initiatives and provide data for process management and indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Develop and manage the processes for measuring the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes, products and quality of services.
- Ensure improvement methodologies and tools are utilized effectively to achieve maximum results.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in preferably in Computer Science, IT, Data Science, Business Management, Mathematics, or any related field from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated track record and experience with a minimum of 3 years in reengineering business processes and driving change and technology adoption across an organization/department.
- Accreditation in Lean, Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies, project management and change management.
- Demonstrated track record of developing strategies, transformation models, frameworks, policies, concept notes, process flows and value-based solutions and propositions.
- Demonstrated experience in designing transformation programs and driving performance measurement projects.