I. POSITION INFORMATION
Vacancy Announcement: IOM/DAR/013/2022
Position title: Intern (Counter Trafficking) (1 Position)
Position grade: Ungraded
Duty station: Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania
Type of Appointment & Durations Internship Contract & Six (6) Months
Job family: Programme
Organizational unit: Programme Coordination Unit
Reports directly to: Programme Assistant
Overall supervised by: Programme Coordinator
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
- Under the direct supervision of the Programme Assistant in the CounterTrafficking Unit and the overall supervision the Programme Coordinator, the intern will assist with the implementation of projects within the area of Ending Violence Against Women and Children and Combating Human Trafficking.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assist the implementation of the activities within the programme ‘’UN Joint Programme for Ending Violence against Women and Children in Tanzania” and selected activities that IOM is implementing within the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAP II 2016 – 2022).
- In particular, assist in the planning, organization and evaluation of capacitybuilding and community dialogue events as per programme workplan.
- Assist in the logistics of organizing meetings and other events.
- Assist in case management of protection cases.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Law, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or any related discipline.
- 0 – 1 years of professional work experience
- Proficient in computer software: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Words, Excel, power point and Internet Explorer).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and eye for detail.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Capacity to draft, write and revise reports and documents with clarity, conciseness and precision in English.
- Analytical, creative and critical thinking.
(Specify the required knowledge)
Working knowledge (both oral and written) in English and Kiswahili is required. Working knowledge (both oral and written) in French and/or Kirundi is advantageous
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following core behavioural IOM competencies:
- Continuous Learning;
- Creativity and Initiative;
- Planning and Organizing;
- Technological Awareness; Additional Information:
- All application documents will be handled in accordance with IOM data protection policy. The selected candidate is required to commence the assignment as soon as the recruitment process completes.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
1ST LEVEL SUPERVISOR DATE
2ND LEVEL SUPERVISOR DATE
Qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for UN vacancies and are protected from discrimination during all stages of employment.
Females with qualifications are encouraged to apply.
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: email@example.com
Only e-mail applications will be considered.
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 April 2022.