Job Opportunities at Vodacom Tanzania 2022 Vodacom Group Limited is a South African mobile communications company, providing voice, messaging, data and converged services to over 55 million customers.
POSITION:System Administrator Customer Experience (1 YEAR CONTRACT)
The System administrator focus on all Management of Charging system application, Database, OS and Infrastructure which also include design and deployments of product, services and Technical projects lead. Administrator has a good understanding of established concepts and procedures in Charging operations including self-knowledge on architecture, call flow, protocol, Cloud infrastructure and technology role on project plans and execution. Typically, report to Charging Manager
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
1.Product and services Deployment: Ensure New solutions are well designed and deployed efficiently following Vodacom change management policy
2.System Management: Proactively monitor System performance and ensure Availability of services is above 99.999%
3.System Security and Compliance: Ensure all Charging Infrastructure and Applications are well secured and all products and service integrations align with policies, processes and best practices also Perform checklists and User reviews as assigned by line Manager.
4.Customer and Vendor Support: Ensure all suppliers provide services as per Agreement and comply with all policy and Vodacom standards and provide customer queries response as per agreed SLA.
5.Self-Development: Being up to date with technology
Competencies, Qualifications and Experience
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
•Good knowledge on Software & Database Design and development
•Good knowledge on Open API
•Good knowledge on Linux based operating system and Scripting
•Strong problem solving capability.
•Good understanding on Cloud Based architecture
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
•1 to 3 years’ experience industry or functional experience.
•B.Sc. in Computer Science, Electronics science or Telecommunications Engineering.
•Knowledge on Cloud architecture and containerized application would be advantageous.
•The role requires strong technical skills.
•Software development and Cloud knowledge and experience would be advantageous.
JOB TITTLE:HOD: Public Relations & Communications
Role purpose & Key Responsibilities
The HOD is responsible to manage the publication, PR and external engagement function of the company to ensure timely, effective, high quality, and professional output in order to support the business.
- Work with the company’s senior executive leadership team to devise a sound external engagement and communication plan for Vodacom Tanzania
- Act as a watch dog for all issues that may rise amongst stakeholders that may have an impact on the business
- Manage the company PR function within the company.
- Oversee all external engagement activities of the company
- Work closely with the Director: Corporate Affairs on high level strategic research and Presentations for the Vodacom Tanzania management team on general corporate affairs issues
- Manage the companies’ protocols.
Professional Qualification, Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- University Degree. Preferably with a major in Mass Communication, Public Relations
- Project management/planning skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in communications field.
- Ability to manage and maintain key relationships with various internal stakeholders and external service providers
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Interpersonal skills
- Relevant experience in management of high level protocol.
- Ability to lead and conduct primary and secondary research
- Ability to design comms campaigns.