Research Assistant at SUA September, 2022
LIVEFOR project is looking for suitable qualified individuals who are able to work full time to apply for (1) Post Of Research Assistant to support our research team on project matters. LIVEFOR Project aims to enhance understanding of the extent to which inclusion of livestock keeping in Village Land Forest Reserves (VLFRs) could reduce conflicts between Pastoralists and Agro-Pastoralists and farming communities in Tanzania while improving their well-being. The project is implemented by Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) in collaboration with Mwalimu Nyerere Memorial Academy (Tanzania) and University of Copenhagen (UoC) Denmark.
- Holder of a Master’s Degree in forestry/Environmental and Bachelor of Science in forestry/environmental sciences obtained from a recognized institution.
- PhD holders in the relevant field can also apply.
- The candidate should also have proven experience with research activities.
- Must have good leadership skills and ability to motivate others and promote teamwork; first class interpersonal skills, and an analytical mind
- Computer literate
- Good communication proficiency in both written and oral English, with evidence of published research articles, knowledge of research methods, and multitask ability.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare interview questions and summarize results
- Perform literature reviews
- Conduct research and summarize findings
- Respond to emails relating to project research activities
- Involve in drafting research articles
- Attend project meetings
- Update website contents
- Prepare project progress reports
- Assist progress of students involved in the project
AGE: Not above 50 years at the time of application
This is one-year contract job renewable subject to impressive performance and conduct.
DUTY STATION: Morogoro
SALARY: As per treasury Registrar’s Salary Circular No 1 of 2015
HOW TO APPLY
Application letter should be addressed to the DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR (PLANNING, FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION), P. O. BOX 3000, CHUO KIKUU MOROGORO and accompanied with up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV), referees with their reliable contacts, together with certified copies of academic certificates, academic transcript and all credentials i.e. Form Four, Form Six, University, Birth Certificate, and other testimonials like the National Identity Card. Application letter should reach Deputy Vice Chancellor (Planning, Finance And Administration) not later than TWO weeks from the date of this advertisement.
NOTE that for those who studied abroad, must attach the verification certificates from Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU). Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submitting the application is 22 September 2022.