Internship Opportunities at Restless Development 2022 We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being ignored and overlooked. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organization.
POSITION:Project Intern- Yes Project
About the Role
Youth are known to face disproportionate challenges, due to barriers in accessing life and employability skills development opportunities among other services. Across all contexts, there is an urgent need to strengthen communities’ abilities to cope with socio-economic shocks, to mitigate negative impacts on their development efforts. Restless Development has partnered with the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) to address YES related challenges by implementing the Youth Employability Skills (YES) project which is a one-year intervention focusing on increasing access to youth-friendly employability and entrepreneurship development opportunities. The project will be implemented in three regions covering twelve councils as follows; Dar es salaam (Kinondoni MC, Ilala CC, Ubungo MC, Kigamboni MC and Temeke MC), Lindi (Kilwa DC, Lindi MC, Mtama DC) and Mtwara (Mtwara MC, Mtwara DC, Tandahimba DC, Nanyamba TC).
Restless Development will;
- Mobilize and enrol the targeted (out of school) youth in Dar es Salaam, Lindi and Mtwara regions.
- Provide technical training to out of school youth on Youth Employability Skills (YES), soft skills and entrepreneurship skills
- Conduct coaching and mentoring sessions to networks of the trained youth.
- Linking youth with internship and financial services to improve income-generating activities and improve and facilitate trainees’ transition to work
Essential skills and experience
The person should be/ have the following:
Degree in a relevant field, preferably related to social sciences – Community development, Psychology, Social work, project management, gender, entrepreneurship, development studies, community development, project planning management, social sciences etc.
- Technical expertise in youth livelihood and employment
- Minimum of one year in implementation of livelihood/employability related projects in Tanzania.
- A clear understanding of contemporary development such as youth unemployment and skills development.
Desirable skills & experience
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Good ICT skills including Word, Excel, email/internet, PowerPoint
- A strong personal commitment to the values of Restless Development and the role of young people in the development
- Previous experience as a volunteer
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment
How To Apply.
Please complete the APPLICATION FORM ONLINE by 27th April 2022 at 17:00 hours. Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or cover letters.